- The following is prohibited in our vehicles:
- Offensive Behavior
- Offensive Language
- Unauthorized Carrying Weapons, Concealed or Otherwise
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) are not provided for disabled riders, but are permitted to accompany a rider at no charge. Please inform the scheduler if a PCA or a service animal will accompany the passenger.
- Inform the scheduler when you schedule your ride if you need an accessible vehicle.
- Each passenger is limited to 4 bags of groceries, etc. Any article not in a bag is considered 1 bag. Additional bags are permitted at $0.50 per bag.
- Refusal to ride the vehicle sent for a trip is considered a “no-show” A rider must pay for his/her no-show before riding again. Vehicles will wait 5 minutes for a rider before the trip is considered a “no-show”. In order to avoid a "no show" fee, you must cancel your trip at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Three no-shows may result in a rider suspension.
- If you must cancel a ride, please notify LPTS at least 60 minutes before your pick-up time or you will be considered a “late-cancel”and charged the appropriate fare.
- All riders are required to wear safety belts when riding, and children are required to be secured in appropriate child safety seats. Inform the scheduler if you need a seat provided for you.
- The Lancaster Public Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Lancaster Public Transit.
- For more information on the Lancaster Public Transit civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint call 740-687-6858, (TTY 800-750-0750), send an email or visit our administrative office.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention:
Title VI Program Coordinator
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington DC 20590
- If information is needed in another language, contact 800-555-1212.